For all our scrapbooking fans here is a link to a coupon for scrapbooking supplies from Walgreens. LINK
When shopping for crafts at garage sales, thrift stores and flea markets there is much to watch for, here is a list of things that come to my mind.
- Clothing that can re-use wool and yarn.
- Clothing that can be cut up for quilting.
- Unique jewelry that can be worn as is or taken apart for great jewelry making.
- Tins that can be transformed into charms - I will be posting instructions on how to make charms after I get approval from the creative woman who taught me.
- Cool jems for jewelry
- Cards for scrapbooking
- Buttons for all kinds of crafts
- Ties for purse handles
- Unique purses or bags to re-do and make unique
- Pins to add to purses or other items - I use unique lightweight pins for the end of scarfs.
- Skeleton Keys make great focal points
- Stickers for scrapbooking or just to make the kids happy
- Baskets to decorate
- Pattern books and craft magazines of any kind
- Stamps and stamp pads (be sure they are still good)
- Barrettes and hair clips to take apart and use the parts
- Unique containers
- Mason jars - hold supplies, can be filled with gifts and adorned with ribbons
- Artificial flowers, baby's breath or moss
Most important keep your mind open as you look at the treasures being sold. Think past what it currently is and looks like to what it can be and what it will look like when your done with it.
Please submit any of your great ideas for tips of what to find, where to find it and what to buy from flea markets, thrift stores and garage sales.
Get out there - have fun and craft away. Let's beautfy this world.