Monday, May 11, 2009

Is your time measured monetarily?

As I was reflecting on last weekend and the celebration of Mother’s Day I couldn’t help but observe that human relationships are so important. Time spent developing, nurturing and maturing in our relationships is time well spent. As everyone probably knows by now I don’t necessarily agree with the statement “Time is Money” but I very much agree with the statement “Time is valuable”, because you see I find money not as valuable as many other things in my life. One of those things is my relationships with my beliefs, family, friends and even acquaintances (because without the initial acquaintance we would not have met our friends).

Spending time with the people in our lives usually does not cost much money. The cost is time and the payoff is immeasurable. As we spend time with our child listening, playing, consoling, advising and just having fun is an investment in our future as well as the future of many generations after us. Spending time with older people teaches us history, wisdom, experience and the viewpoints of generations before us. Spending time with other family, friends, co-workers and people in public add to life’s experiences and enrich our outlook and perspective. Some of these experiences are positive, some negative and we experience many in one day but they ultimately help to form who we are and what we are all about.

I know time is valuable, take that time to develop loving relationships. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment